Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Online Privacy Laws for Countries

Now that I have done some thinking and writing about privacy concerns posed by Web Analytics (Oh and I need to make sure I use the right word, read article to see why), I was prompted to research on the privacy laws of different countries[1]. This was an interesting research, considering the various stages different countries are in the current web world. US, an obvious choice, EU & China are some that I have tried to research on for their internet privacy laws and provided some snippets here. 

Before jumping into the privacy laws, an interesting image I found online triggered an equally interesting thought. Does anyone associate themselves with this image based on the country he/she lives in? I don't, rather I cannot! Almost every country in the current web analytics world has most of their internet users tracked some way or the other. So, there is no way for us to think that we are the only ones in there. There is always someone "watching".